We can't wait to work with you all, AND to protect everybody's time and talent, we like to lay everything out on the table so YOU KNOW WE'VE GOT YOU COVEREd.
YOU - theater artist - PROMISE TO KEEP SACRED THESE DATES SO THAT WE CAN MAKE MAGIC TOGETHER, AND IF YOU FIND OUT YOU HAVE A CONFLICT, YOU MUST MAKE EVERY GOOD FAITH EFFORT TO CONTACT US IN A TIMELY MANNER. This Contract covers the following dates:
- Creative Deadlines
- SET - Sketches by Sept 15, Final design by Sept 30
- COSTUMES - Initial deadline by Oct 1, Final Designs by Oct 15
- LIGHTING - Initial design concept Oct 15 (based on cooperative agreement with set design)
- PROJECTION - First draft Oct 10, Final Oct 20
- Oct 1 - Oct 26 Rehearsals in NYC - Tues-Friday 6-10 p.m. - Sat-Sun 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (mandatory for performers, optional for creatives, or by agreement)
- Oct 27 - Nov 4 Tech Week (specific dates and times as below)
- Nov 4 - Nov 21 Run o f Show
Tech Week and Performances
You - the theater artist - promise to keep quiet about the material we're building, to protect our intellectual property and preserve the fun of surprise for our audiences!
You - the theater artist - promise to hold blameless Hook & Eye Theater for injury sustained (however unlikely) during the normal business of rehearsing and creating during this workshop. Hook & Eye has volunteer accident insurance.
You - the theater artist - release any image or recording made during the workshops, rehearsal and performance for use by the presenters in any publicity materials in print, online, or in grant applications.
We - the presenters - promise to provide monetary compensation as follows:
- CREATIVES $700 per THEATER ARTIST paid as follows: $350 Oct 1st for the delivery of designs according to the above deadlines, and $350 Nov 8th for oversight/execution of those designs in agreement with the PRESENTERS. Materials budgets to be approved and provided by the PRESENTERS.
- PERFORMERS $700 per THEATER ARTIST paid as follows: $350 Nov 4th, and $350 Nov 21st.