CONTRACT & ADelphi DETAILS!
We can't wait to work with you all, AND to protect everybody's time and talent, we like to lay everything out on the table so YOU KNOW WE'VE GOT YOU COVEREd. It's a lot of reading, but don't skim! it's all important:
This document covers the following dates:
- July 9-11 workshop at Adelphi University
- August 27-30 workshop in Manhattan
- Oct 1 - Nov 3 Rehearsals in NYC
- Nov 4-21 Show runs (16 performances) in Brooklyn at the Actors' Fund Art Center
TRAVEL To ADELPHI: MEETING EACH DAY AT THE NJ TRANSIT ENTRANCE TO PENN STATION (CORNER OF 31ST & 7TH) JUST INSIDE THE DOOR - STREET LEVEL. WE WILL GO TO THE TRACK TOGETHER; WE WILL HAVE YOUR TICKET!
ARRIVE PENN STATION @ 8:45 A.M. - TRAIN LEAVES @ 9:05
RETURNING TO PENN @ 7:19 P.M. EACH EVENING
IF YOU WANT TO ARRANGE YOUR OWN TRAVEL TO AND FROM ADELPHI, OR Can leave from atlantic terminal in brookly PLEASE LET US KNOW, WE'LL REIMBURSE YOU FOR GAS AT A RATE EQUIVALENT TO THE LIRR TIX!
PER DIEM: $50/DAY
FOOD: YOU BRING DAT! BRING A LUNCH (WE'LL HAVE BREAKS) AND SNACKS TO KEEP YOU GOING DURING THE DAY. THERE'S NO BODEGA NEAR THE CAMPUS!
DRESS: WEAR CLOTHES IN LAYERS, DRESS TO MOVE
SHOES: DRESS SHOES (MEN) CHARACTER SHOES (WOMEN) OR EQUIV.
WE WARM UP BAREFOOT OR IN SOCKS, BUT FIND IT EASIER TO IMPROV AND DO CHARACTER WORK IF WE'RE NOT TOTALLY DRESSED LIKE MODERN DANCERS :)
READ: This page of our background work:
WATCH: THE BUCKY DOCUMENTARY:
This four-day workshop (August 27-30 6 - 10 p.m. Thursday and Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m Saturday and Sunday) will be held in Manhattan.
You - the theater artist - promise to keep sacred the following dates so that we can make magic together, and if you find out you have a conflict, you must make every good faith effort to contact us in a timely manner.
- July 9-11 Workshop at Adelphi Univ. (10 a.m. - 6 p.m. plus travel time each day)
- August 27-30 Workshop in NYC (6 - 10 p.m. Thursday and Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m Saturday and Sunday)
- Oct 1 - 26 Rehearsals in NYC (6 - 10 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m Saturday and Sunday - details TBA)
- Oct 27 -Nov 21 Tech and Show runs (16 performances) in Brooklyn at the Actors' Fund Art Center as follows:
You - the theater artist - promise to keep quiet about the material we're building, to protect our intellectual property and preserve the fun of surprise for our audiences!
You - the theater artist - promise to hold blameless Hook & Eye Theater for injury sustained (however unlikely) during the normal business of rehearsing and creating during this workshop. Hook & Eye has volunteer accident insurance.
You - the theater artist - release any image or recording made during the workshops, rehearsal and performance for use by the presenters in any publicity materials in print, online, or in grant applications.
We - the presenters - promise to provide monetary compensation as follows:
- July 9-11 Workshop at Adelphi: $50 per diem ($150 total) and transportation
- August 27-30 Workshop in NYC: $40 per diem ($160 total)
- Oct 1 - Nov 21 Rehearsal and Performance: $700